Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stairway of Death

2-22-11

I take these stairs at least twice a day during the week.  I am always very careful because they never get sunlight and the ice stays for a long time. What I have always dreaded finally happened, I wasn't being careful.  I wiped out in such a way that I wish there was a youtube video, it had to have been hilarious.  My feet went out from under me, I flew straight up and straight down with a thwack.  The corner of one step hit across my shoulders, the corner of another across my lower back, another across my legs.  I stoved (sp?) both wrists and generally pissed myself off.  After I had a few choice words I began to wonder how long it would be before anyone found me, it was cold out there! One extremity at a time I tested for breakage.  Thankfully nothing was broken!  Soaking wet from the back of my head to my shoes I limped my way to the van.  But wait it's on empty - now I get to go into the gas station looking like this because their pumps won't ever take my card.  Who HAS this kind of luck?  The soreness lasted for two days and a little tiny cut on my hand still hurts. Other than that, nothing damaged except my ego.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a story. Can't believe you fell that "bad" and didn't get hurt. I agree with you, I would love to see the video!

    Love your storytelling that goes with your pictures.

    ReplyDelete